Imagine a world where the norm was:
- For people to be aversed to slim people – not obsessed with being thin
- To be honest in everything in you did
- To be considerate, and not cut the queue just to get your food first
- To not get a girlfriend until you were old enough to marry
- To not do anything your parents would disapprove of
- To not smoke or drink – where the drinking person gets drunk
- To not vent our anger when we felt like it
And the list would go on if I had time to think about it.
But really, what kind of world would that be?
Today, everything seems to be about ‘me’. How do I look? How can I exploit this situation to my own benefit? I want to be first. I want to please myself – doesn’t matter what my parents think. Even Apple calls their music player an iPod. We have that MeGo thing on MSN, whatever it is.
So try this out.
Tomorrow, adopt a ‘you’ attitude rather than a ‘me’ attitude.
And see what happens.